They say even the longest journey begins with a single step. The same is true of planning for the end of your life. It is important to acknowledge what is coming and take the appropriate steps to plan accordingly. Also, like any trip, things will go easier if you:
- plan ahead and do your research to know your options and what you are getting into
- record the details so you can find them easily, refer to them when needed, and make necessary changes as circumstances change
- involve everyone concerned, your loved ones and healthcare professionals in this case, to make planning easier and any plan more acceptable to all and more likely to be followed
- anticipate all the possible things you will need or encounter on your journey and make contingency plans
- consult professionals with skills that can aid your planning
- make as many arrangements as you can ahead of time
Here is how you can begin your journey of planning for the end of your life.