Plan for Passing On is a project of NeedyMeds, a 501(c)(3) national non-profit that connects people to programs that will help them afford their medications and other healthcare costs.
Mission Statement: The Plan for Passing On website is designed to help you plan for your death, as well as loved ones dealing with your passing both before and after it happens.
Vision Statement: The website seeks to guide visitors through the many decisions that need to be made around this difficult time of life and the options for those decisions.
How We Do It: Plan for Passing On will help the visitor by providing in-depth information about the numerous end-of-life planning that need to be considered when preparing for your death or done by your loved one after your death. We also provide information about options to make and carry out these tasks. Each section contains information about various topics that you will need, including:
- Estate Planning — The various ways to pass your estate on to your loved ones;
- Advance Care Planning — The importance of discussing death and dying with your loved ones and the various ways they can respect your wishes when you cannot;
- Easing Your Passage — Helping you and your loved ones guide medical professionals to the best and most dignified care when you are terminally ill;
- Insurance — Guiding you through the ins and outs of Life and Medical Insurance and how they may be affected and used when you have a terminal illness;
- Finances — Discussing different ways to manage your finances based on your prognosis; and
- Information for Families — Details about how family and loved ones can help with your care and those things that may need to be done after your death.
Who We Are
Richard Sagall MD — NeedyMeds President and Founder
Michael Woods MD — Head Writer/Primary Researcher
Robin Hoffman — Director of Operations
Carlos Pagán-Muñiz — Website Developer
Samuel Rulon-Miller — IT Director